I left a comfortable career in corporate America in 2015 out of a strong desire to help companies become more effective in managing their IAM programs. To drive profitability while delivering safer online experiences, CISOs and other leaders must raise the bar and hold themselves accountable to higher standards. Managing IAM In Uncertain Times is a blueprint that I developed during my extensive career as an architect and innovation leader and refined through roles in the corporate world at VMware as Head of IAM, and at Oracle as a Sr. Principal Consultant. While at VMware, I led the IAM program from 2009 – 2015 to help transform into a $6 billion business. In my conversations with product managers, line of business managers and security leaders across the country, it became unmistakably clear that all of them were struggling to find the best strategies to align their IAM capabilities to corporate objectives and deliver safer end-to-end user experiences while minimizing their risk exposure. So, I launched my company to help businesses better manage risk and end-user experiences with modern frameworks and leading practices.
May 2016 – Dec. 2018
- Oversaw the overall product strategy, roadmap, architecture, product/market fit, revenue model and GTM.
- Launched a partner program and on-boarded and integrated strategic partners ForgeRock, Oracle, SailPoint, Lieberman Software, NTT-AT and others.
- Led the ForgeRock integration that delivered actionable threat intelligence for ForgeRock Intelligent Authentication and Identity Platform during user registration, authentication and password reset.
- Created direct and channel led sales strategies that increased bookings by more than 5000%
- Partnered with Orrick law firm to help negotiate service agreements and contracts for closing 6-figure deals.
- Conferences: Moderated Panel Risk Informed IAM, Compromised Credentials and the Future of Authentication at Identiverse 2018 in Boston, MA; Presented Building World Class Security Products with Privacy by Design at Consumer Identity World 2018 in Seattle, WA; Delivered Keynote Risk-Aware IAM at Consumer Identity World 2017 in Bellevue, WA.
Director, Cybersecurity & Privacy
May 2015 – October 2015
- Business Development – Worked with PwC clients on identifying, assessing and treating risk, designing IAM solutions and incorporating long-term strategies that enable superior user experience and improved operational eﬃciency.
- Global Plan & Partner Map – Key contributor developing services portfolio for consulting, marketing communications and thought leadership for IAM advisory practice in North America.
- Chief Architect and Strategist – Provided reference architecture, POC leadership and project management for IAM integration with ERP for a coﬀee company located in the Pacific Northwest.
Global Head of Identity & Access Management, IT
May 2009 – May 2015
- Innovation & Leadership – IT lead in a cross-functional working group for the Oﬃce of the CTO; helped define global identity strategy and validate IdP integration use cases.
- M&A Leadership – Procured, deployed and managed Radiant Logic Identity Correlation and Synchronization (ICS) to automate the migration of users from the AirWatch domain into the VMware domain.
- Program Management – Led an enterprise-wide assessment of identity management, created and presented the 3-year roadmap to the CIO worth over $6M and won 80% of the desired program funding.
- Security Architecture – Aided enterprise projects in building security into their design and implementation through risk-based recommendations on system architecture, IAM and procedural controls.
- Enterprise Architecture – Led the POC of Layer 7 & Intel API/SOA Gateway and delivered signiﬁcant improvement to API security and governance; facilitated the procurement of $1M in software licenses and pro services.
- Personnel Management – Hired, trained & mentored eight L2 and L3 engineers to take over global IAM operations for VMware’s 20+ dedicated environments (Located in Palo Alto, Bangalore and Cork)
- Operational Effectiveness – Automated delivery of Oracle IdM using VMware vSphere & HP PPM that reduced end-to-end environment build time from ﬁve days to less than 2 hours.